From April 4 through 8, 2005, the Center for Information Technology and Dispute Resolution (CITDR) will be holding Cyberweek 2005, its seventh annual online conference.
According to the announcement released by Ethan Katsh, Director of CITDR, the events and programs planned for Cyberweek include:
- Release of the new ODR library and database
- Discussions with leading practitioners and theorists about the present and future of ODR
- Report on the UN Forum on ODR 2004
- The 2005 International Competition on Online Dispute Resolution (presently ongoing)
- Seminar on the challenges in planning and implementing ODR efforts – examples from Sri Lanka, the Phillipines and Great Britain
- Panel discussion on teaching ODR
- Seminar on public sector ODR – the University of Massachusetts/National Mediation Board/National Science Foundation project
- Demonstration of teaching and collaborating in groups with Moodle
- Simulated dispute resolution processes
- Demonstrations involving ConflictLab.com, SmartSettle.com, Info-Share.org and others
Registration is free, and online dispute resolution practitioners, as well as anyone interested in learning more about the online dispute resolution field, are welcome to attend.